Can I use moisturizer after microdermabrasion?
8 Post-Microdermabrasion Skin Care Tips
Use a rich moisturizer once you have thoroughly dried the skin. Continue to use it for 4-6 days after your treatment as this will prevent any excessive peeling.
What should you do after microdermabrasion?
POST MICRODERMABRASION CARE
- Discontinue use of any all exfoliating agents for one week. …
- Use a gentle cleanser. …
- Do not touch or pick the skin. …
- Avoid direct contact with the sun for 48 hours. …
- WEAR SUNSCREEN DAILY. …
What products should be avoided after microdermabrasion?
Avoid anything that raises your body temperature, such as hot showers, sauna, steam rooms and exercise for the first day after treatment. We want to keep your skin cool and calm, so apply your Balense Recovery Cream liberally every four hours.
Do you moisturize before microdermabrasion?
It is important to avoid irritatig the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for one week. Although some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
What should you not do after Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning aftercare tips
- Avoid the use of saunas or steam rooms and don’t engage in any strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid using any products on your face which contain exfoliating ingredients for 24 hours to avoid irritating your skin any further.
- Do not wear any makeup for 24 hours.
What happens to your skin after microdermabrasion?
After microdermabrasion, your skin will be pink and feel dry and tight (like sunburn or windburn) for about 24 hours. Use moisturizer and broad spectrum sunscreen. Some types of makeup should not be applied for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
How often should I microdermabrasion at home?
Depending on your skin’s tolerance, you can perform at-home microdermabrasion treatments fortnightly or monthly, or once your skin has healed fully.
Can you use niacinamide after microdermabrasion?
Procedures can make the skin much more porous and sensitive to sunlight. Dr Morley strongly recommends that following a microdermabrasion treatment, you diligently apply sunscreen and Niacinamide.
How do I prepare my skin for microdermabrasion?
How to Prepare for Microdermabrasion
- Your skin should be product-free. The skin being treated should be free of makeup and creams. …
- Avoid sunburns. Avoid prolonged sun exposure for several days to a week before your session. …
- Don’t wax or shave. …
- Avoid other procedures. …
- Don’t smoke.
Can I use serum after microdermabrasion?
MICRODERMABRASION: WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
recommended. Avoid using abrasive products such as scrubs or exfoliating sponges for 7 -10 days. Avoid products such as retinols and glycolic acid 10 days. Vitamin C Serums may be resumed after 48 hours.
Can I exercise after microdermabrasion?
Keep the skin cool and calm
The first 24 hours after your microdermabrasion are the most important when it comes to ensuring the best possible results. Avoid anything that raises your body temperature, such as hot showers, a sauna, steam rooms, and exercise for the first day after treatment.