Unfortunately, neglecting to treat dehydrated skin can lead to acne breakouts, irritation, dry patches, dullness, and more. The first step to rehydrating your skin is knowing what leads to skin dehydration in the first place and how to spot it.
Can dehydration make your face break out?
When your skin is parched, the dehydrated cells build up and retain oil, which can leave you with an unwanted souvenir—acne.
How do you get rid of dehydrated acne?
- Use a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and bacteria. …
- Apply an oil-free and noncomedogenic moisturizer immediately after cleansing.
- Only wash your face once a day. …
- Avoid exfoliating. …
- Be mindful of acne products. …
- Maximize certain medications while minimizing others. …
- Use treatments with care.
Can hydrating skin reduce acne?
Keeps your skin hydrated
Drinking water is primarily thought to prevent acne by promoting proper skin hydration. Dry skin can trigger excess oil production, which could contribute to acne ( 2 ).
What does dehydrated skin look like?
Dehydrated skin means that your skin is lacking water. It can be dry and itchy and perhaps dull looking, too. Your overall tone and complexion may appear uneven, and fine lines are more noticeable.
Can drinking more water help acne?
Certain kinds of toxins will clog your small pores on your epidermis and can cause issues like acne and pimples. By drinking more water, you ensure that you won’t suffer from severe pimples and acne. The more hydrated your skin, the less your pores will clog.
How can I hydrate my face overnight?
The best way to replenish water to dehydrated skin is to apply humectants like Hyaluronic Acid and Glycerin.
- Take a lukewarm shower. …
- Pat your skin to remove water droplets. …
- Immediately apply a Hyaluronic Acid or Glycerin based Serum. …
- Follow with a gel-based, moisturizing face mask, and leave it on overnight.
How long does it take dehydrated skin to recover?
Skip Harsh Face Scrubs
Exfoliation is a no-fail way to brighten a dull, dehydrated complexion. Healthy skin takes 25 days to renew itself naturally, and dehydrated skin takes even longer.
Should I exfoliate if my skin is dehydrated?
It might seem counterintuitive to exfoliate dehydrated skin but removing dead skin cells from skin’s surface can help. You will refresh your surface skin and get rid of any dead and dehydrated skin cells which may be keeping your skin from absorbing your moisturizing products properly.