In a small saucepan with water and add the orange peels and cinnamon sticks. Bring it to a boil and then turn the heat down to simmer. Medium heat is perfect. Within minutes you home will start to smell heavenly!
How do you use orange peel for smell?
Thankfully, it’s easy to remedy sour refrigerator smells with orange peels. Simply fill an orange rind with salt and leave it in the fridge. The salt will absorb odor and moisture in the air, and the fruit will leave behind its citrus scent.
Do orange peels clean air?
Makes a great air freshener: Orange peels are an effective natural air freshener. Drop those orange peels in boiling water and simmer them for a few minutes to naturally fill your home with the amazing aroma of oranges.
Can orange peel remove odor?
1. Kitchen – Orange peels can eliminate odors, remove water spots and soften brown sugar: Refrigerator smells – An orange rind filled with salt placed in the frig will absorb odors and leave behind a sweet, pleasant aroma. … Grind up several peels in the disposal and enjoy a new fresh scent.
What to boil to make the house smell good?
Question: What can I boil to make my house smell good? Answer: You can boil just about any foods that have a pleasant aroma to make your house smell good. Apples, berries, orange peels, lemon peels, lime peels, vanilla, cloves, cinnamon sticks, mint leaves and more. A simmer pot is a great way to do this.
How do you make orange peel potpourri?
Place orange peels on the paper towels. Cover the orange peels with three or four layers of paper towels. Microwave at fifty percent for five minutes, rotating half-way through if your microwave does not have a carousel. Remove peels and store in a cool, dry place for two to three days, until completely dry.
What can you do with extra orange peels?
Use orange peel to get baking!
- Zest up your meals. Use orange zest in recipes for a delicious, fresh tangy hit – they’re great in cakes and salad dressings. …
- Stop brown sugar hardening. …
- Make candied orange peel. …
- Make orange peel-infused olive oil. …
- Drink it in tea.
What can orange peels clean?
Orange peel uses in cleaning
- Natural sponge. If you have trouble with grease on your kitchen counter or the sink, or leftover oils in your pans, you can use orange peel as a natural sponge to clean them up. …
- Air freshener. …
- Clean garbage disposal. …
- Deodorizer. …
- Make a natural citrus cleaner.
What does orange peel repel?
Some of the pests that orange peels can help repel include: aphids, slugs, mosquitoes, and biting flies.
Can I boil orange peels?
Place orange peels in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 20 minutes, drain and set aside. … Stir in peel, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring frequently.